The Better Business Bureau is warning residents affected by the recent storms to beware of “storm chasers” and out-of-town contractors soliciting business.
How can you recognize a legitimate and trustworthy roofing company that will not run with your insurance money but do a good and professional job in fixing your storm-damaged home?
- Make sure the contractor is registered with the state
- Many areas require a solicitation permit to go door-to-door. Check to see if your area needs a permit and, if so, make sure they provide it to you.
- Be careful about allowing anyone you don’t trust on your roof. Some unethical contractors could even create damage to get the job.
- Do not pay for the work in advance. It’s a red flag if a contractor asks for full or half payment upfront.
- Get a written contract that outlines the price, work to be done, and amount of insurance coverage.
- Get a copy of their insurance.
- Look up the business on the BBB website to make sure they are well rated (A rating and above / all issues have been resolved)
- Pay by credit card so you have additional protection.
- Watch out for high-pressure sales tactics such as offering “deep discounts” and “deals” if they are hired right away.
- Check their vehicle to make sure they have proper business markings such as company name, phone number, and license plates in the state where you live. Also, the company must have a physical office address.
- Ask for some references of roof installations / repairs done in the area
Remedy Roofing is proud to have provided roofing services across Texas and beyond for many years. We are active members in the communities we do business in and install and repair thousands of roofs every year. Thus, we have gained a reputation for professional and quality workmanship and received numerous awards and recognitions. We were recently voted “Best roofing company 2016” by the LIVING magazine. We are also a A+ rated member of the BBB and recipient of the BBB Gold Star Award since 2006.
We stand behind every project that we take on. Thus, Remedy Roofing not only offers the best warranties in the industry but also a full workmanship warranty with every roof we install. If there is ever a problem resulting from improper installation or workmanship, we will fix it – guaranteed. Our reputation depends on it!